Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Current Journey: Achieving My Goals

I created DP Sales Pro just about 5-1/2 years ago with self-confidence and determination. I was certain I possessed the 'grit' required to be successful. I created my business cards on my noisy little printer; made my own brochures; created a website and opened a Constant Contact account. I was on my way. Networking; newsletters; self-promoting at every opportunity. I was working pretty much 24/7 and loving it. Things were going well. I had booked a few speaking engagements; earned the confidence of a few coaching clients - but, I wanted to reach more people; help more people be successful in their business endeavors and achieve their own goals. Then, I began noticing subtle differences in the opportunities that presented themselves to me. Or, perhaps they had always been there and it was that I was reacting differently to them. I was open minded; willing to take a look at things that I hadn't in the past. What I didn't realize at the time was that by opening up to these opportunities, my life (and that of my family's), was about to move in a new and exiting direction. Without the support of others, I wouldn't be in the place I am today. Working with between 2 and 5 business coaches at any given time; as a participant in a supportive Mastermind Group; an Accountability Partner who holds me accountable to my own goals and vice versa; clients who have given me the priviledge of assisting them in reaching their goals; and the love and support of my family and friends - I couldn't lose! Reading books; attending seminars and workshops; and, realizing I needed help getting to the next level proved life altering. The smartest thing I did was start. My next goal: to realize My Personal Mission Statement: To use my passion, enthusiasm and natural abilities to inspire, teach and motivate others so that they, too, can realize their goals and achieve success. The first step I recommend you take: read The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. All my clients have to read this book if they want to work with me! Thank you Jack Canfield!

No comments: